Saturday, May 18, 2013

The beginning of something?

Hey everyone.

Yes I know, I'm a tease haha! Sorry about that!!  I just post what I can when I can, that's my excuse! LOL

So, last Saturday, I was lazy in bed and started browsing profiles on the dating site.  I was actually looking at profiles of guys who were online, cause I find it's easier to establish a first contact when the guy is online.  One of the guys I saw wrote something relly nice on his profile.  It was something like

" Looking for a guy to go hiking, play badminton, watch movies, go to restaurants...  Looking to build something in the long term."

I really liked how he presented himself, so I thought I should say hi to him.  2 things could have prevented me from doing so.  1- he lives an hour and 15 away. 2- he only had one picture on his profile and it was one of him staring away, showing the camera his (naked) back.  (still had pants and a cap on !)  So I thought maybe this guy doesn,t really look for long term.  Anyways, I didn't have anything to lose so I wrote him something like:

" Hi, I really like the way you present yourself on your profile"

And he replied to me saying

"Yeah I like yours too"

Guess what, we continued chatting together and we did get along very well pretty fast.  He added me on facebook temporarily, so that I could see pics of him (gee he is gorgeous and very sexy :) )  Soon enough, we started chatting on skype, as it is mush easier to chat there than on the dating site.  We even video skyped and it was funny because he wanted to either just talk or just see on video.  So when I would see him he wouldn't speak, he was just typing!  How shy he is hahaha!!

We stopped chatting around noon as we both had stuff to do.  We met again at around 4PM and he was telling me that he would go see a movie later that night. I asked him if he would go alone and he said yes.  Now you know how much of a big heart I have :)  and I started implying that we could go together.  He was really happy with the suggestion and we set to go watch IronMan 3 at a town midway between our respective towns.  Once that was set, we kinda realized that we could eat together before going to the movie!!  So we agreed on meeting at a restaurant near the theatre.

He is a big texter! And I'm not! But I text more than ever with him!  So prior to meeting for real for the first time, he had sen me plenty of cute text messages.  I replied to most of them. (oh and I told him to stop texting and driving!!).  When I arrived at the restaurant I knew he was already there, but I couldn't find him.  I texted him and asked where he was. At a certain point, I thought it would be better so I just called him.  However, he didn't answer and I got into his voicemail.  But, I didn't understand why the name on the voicemail wasn't the one he had given me.  So I told myself I would ask him later about that.

He finally arrived and we met and we went in the restaurant together.  We chatted all the time and it was great.  He was the first out of the 4 guys I had met that I thought we really got along well.  At one point we talk about texting and about our phone and I hand him my phone to explain why I hate texting. He quickly gives it back to me and he shows me that I have an unread text message.

I was surprised cause I thought I had read all the messages he had sent me.  So I read it and I don't understand why he had written this:

"Hey sorry I couldn't reply, I'm at a dinner and it is more polite to answer by text than to pick up the call."

I was very confused and somehow I realized that it is not my date who wrote it (let's just call him SL, I can't find any nickname!). It was the guy I had an ice ceram with and who didn't show up for the tennis game.  So I understood everything!!  I started laughing and I explained SL that I had called him but he didn't answer and that I was surprised at the name on the voicemail.  But it was just because I had called the wrong guy!!!  Hahaha, luckily SL wasn't mad at all and I showed him that their names are one above each other in my list so I selected the wrong guy.  What a coincidence anyways!!  And what a luck that the ice cream guy didn't answer when I called him, cause it would have been really awkward.

Since then it's a running gag between SL and me.  We imply that I have a double life and that I see the ice cream guy on the side, it's really funny!!  But that running gag shows how we get along well and how we both make each other laugh.

Anyways, after dinner we went to the theater and the movie was OK, I was expecting more.  We didn't really get close during the movie and I guess it was OK for both of us.  But between the restaurant and the theater, he kinda "bumped" into me a few times affectionnately and I liked it.

After the movie we simply said goodbye, no hug or kiss.  Back home we chatted a bit again so it was good.  I was a bit apprehensive that I wouldn't see him again since I had a bad run, but I was happy that he was still shatting with me!

On Sunday morning we chatted a bit again and since it was Mother's day, we both had something with our families.  I had a brunch with mine and he had a dinner with his at his mother's place which happens to be 30 minutes from where I live.  He suggested that he could come at my place to say hi after his dinner.  I said sure!!  I was looking forward to that, but at the same time, trying to stay cool since he could just cancel at the last minute.

But he did come!!  We were both happy about it. I showed him my place and we chatted for about 1.5 hour in the living room.  It was really a pleasant time.  Now I don't remember very well but I don't think we got closer at all, not even when he left.  That's when I wrote that post where I was wondering if he liked me too.

Well....

Not too long after that, he sent me a text message (again while driving!!) and I thought that he still liked me!! :)  When he was back at his place, we chatted again and I was just happy that everything was still fine between us.

The next day, we were exchanging text messages through the day while at work.  And I suggested that I could go see him at his place. He gladly accepted.  But as I would arrive there quite late (around 9PM), it was just wiser to stay there for sleep, wasn't it??







6 comments:

  1. That's really exciting. It sounds like you might have a lot in common, and an hour and 15 isn't so far in my opinion. But I think you forgot to tell us how his toothbrush ended up at your place. I'm sure you didn't mean to leave out the rest of the story! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! That sounds fantastic! I'm really glad things seem to be going so well!
    -Shell

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm giggling, JF. You're so cute!

    And those pics are adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha JF is that you in the pics?? adorable!

    ReplyDelete