Monday, August 6, 2012

What's happening now?

Well, not much!!  That's why I haven't made any substantial post in a while.  I think for now I don't neeed to come out to more people.  What I want is to talk to my friends.  I want them to know more of me and I want to be honest with them.  I think it will bring a lot of interesting moments.  Also, I look forward to solidifying  my friendships.  This is something I could never have done before coming out, so I want to enjoy this.  Also I think I would like to spend some time with my brother.  I would like to know what's going through his mind.  All in all I want to do some follow-up after my coming outs.  It's weird but as great as it is that my homosexuality is accepted, I'm a bit disappointed that it hasn't raised more questions.  Maybe they're unsure on how to approach it, so I think I have to make the first steps.

As soon as I'll have something to share I'll do it and I also plan on exploring different topics / issues about homosexuality.  I have a few thought in mind, but I need to reflect on them.

In the meantime, if you have any questions or comments, feel free to comment on this post or previous posts.

JF


2 comments:

  1. Maybe they're unsure on how to approach it, so I think I have to make the first steps.

    I suspect this has a lot to do with it, yes. Plus, a lot of people simply need time to process and gather their own thoughts after you come out to them. Even though your friends and family have proven themselves to be accepting, that doesn't change the fact that you've probably confronted and shattered a lot of assumptions they've made, both about you in particular and gay people in general.

    ReplyDelete